PROTECT LIFE AND PROPERTY
According to the National Transportation Safety Board, petroleum pipelines are the safest method of overland transportation. Pipeline safety is regulated by the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) and designated state agencies. Pipeline Safety regulations address the design, construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency response procedures in their effort to protect lives and the environment.
Follow these 5 simple steps to protect life and property:
- Call your state’s One Call Center at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled start of excavation. One Call Center information may be easily retrieved below by selecting your state.
- Wait the required amount of time (at least 48 hours) to allow utilities to investigate.
- A trained technician will mark the location of the pipeline at no cost to you.
- Respect the line markers provided.
- Exercise care while digging.