NuStar Energy L.P, is a publicly traded pipeline and terminal operator ("NuStar”, "we”, "us” or "our”). Our principal office is at 19003 IH-10 West, San Antonio, TX 78257. This web site www.nustarenergy.com (the "Site”) is operated by NuStar Energy L.P. and its affiliates and subsidiaries ("NuStar Affiliates"). NuStar is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data.
We obtain information about you when you use our Site. For example, when you fill in forms on our Site, subscribe to any service, or contact us about NuStar services or further services. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also collect details of your visits to our Site including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
The information that we receive and use depends on what you do when you visit our Site.
Our Site may collect the following categories of personal data:
- Personal details (such as your name and/or mailing address);
- Email addresses;
- IP addresses; and
- Information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
We may use the personal data we collect about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, and other third parties.
When your web browser or e-mail application requests a web page or e-mail from another computer on the Internet, it automatically gives that computer the address where it should send the information. This is called your computer’s internet protocol address ("IP Address”). For most users accessing the Internet from a dial-up Internet service provider, the IP Address will be different every time you log on.
Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your browser. If your browser is set to reject cookies, web sites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the web site, and some web site functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. To find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
As of the effective date, we do not respond to Do-Not-Track signals.
We may use your information, including your name and email address, in order to:
- to fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it, including to facilitate existing business and facilitate the creation of new business;
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- provide you with information, publications and marketing communications about our products and services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- seek your opinions on the services we provide;
- carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- notify you about changes to our products or services;
- conduct audits related to our current interactions with you;
- create usage data;
- debug our Site and service to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- perform services, including customer service, processing or fulfilling transactions, processing payments, advertising and marketing services, analytic services or other similar services.
- respond to law enforcement requests, court orders, government regulations, or otherwise comply with legal and regulatory requirements; and
- evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only use or process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify data about visitors to our Site and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Depending on the jurisdiction you are located in, we may disclose the following categories of personal data to service providers and third parties for a business purpose:
|Category||Examples||Disclosed for a business purpose|
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal data categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information. |
Some personal data included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information.||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.||YES|
|H. Sensory data.||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||YES|
|I. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|J. Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)).||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal data.||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||YES|
Does NuStar sell my personal data?
NuStar does not sell your personal data for money.
Does NuStar share my personal data with third parties?
"Third parties” includes third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents) and other NuStar Affiliates who carry out the following business purposes: information technology, human resources, operations, operator qualifications, and contract management. From time to time, we may share your personal data with third parties for a third party’s own direct benefit including, for example, organizations we work with to conduct market research. This type of sharing may be considered a "sale” under certain applicable laws.
Do third-parties protect my personal data?
The agreements we enter into with our third-party service providers require them to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data, and prohibit them from using your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
The majority of our computer systems, networks, and devices are currently based in the United States. As we operate internationally, your personal data may be processed in the United States or elsewhere. In that case, the personal data is subject to the law of the jurisdiction in which it is used or stored, including any law permitting or requiring disclosure of the information to the government, government agencies, courts and law enforcement in that jurisdiction
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with all applicable data protection laws. We will not discriminate against individuals for exercising their applicable rights.
Certain consumer rights you may have include:
- the right to request access to the personal data we have about you, by which you can request simple or electronic copies of your personal data;
- the right to rectification, we can correct some of the personal data we have about you;
- the right of objection, under certain circumstances, you may object the procession of your personal data, and as a result, we must discontinue procession your personal data;
- the right to request that we cancel the personal data we have about you;
- the right to opt-out of our use, transfer, exchange, or disclosure (including to third parties) of personal data about you; and
- the right not to be discriminated against based upon whether you decide to exercise your rights, as described above.
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to receive disclosures relating to:
- the categories and specific pieces of information we have collected;
- the categories of sources from which the personal data is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal data; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal data
If you wish to access, opt-out, or request deletion of your personal data, we will ask you to verify your identity.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by contacting us using the details provided under the "Questions, Concerns, or Comments?” section.
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13) years, and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen (13) years.
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and transfer of your personal data, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. To withdraw your consent, if applicable, contact us using the details below. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular services. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
NuStar maintains reasonable security measures, including physical, administrative, and technical safeguards which are designed to secure personal data, and to prevent negligent or accidental loss or destruction, improper use, alteration or unauthorized access.
Despite these precautions, no data security safeguards are foolproof. Identity thieves, hackers and other unauthorized individuals may find ways to obtain personal data. Although this is unlikely, NuStar has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected and/or actual data security breach and will notify the affected users and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so and take steps to mitigate harm.
Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
When NuStar deems it appropriate, other forms of notice, such as e-mail or other forms of electronic communication, may be also given concerning any substantive changes to this Policy or as otherwise required under applicable laws.
NuStar Energy L.P.
19003 IH-10 West
San Antonio, TX 78257