Pipeline Safety Information
- According to the National Transportation Safety Board, petroleum pipelines are the safest method of overland transportation.
- Pipeline safety is regulated by the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) and designated state agencies.
- Pipeline Safety regulations address the design, construction, operation, maintenance, and emergency response procedures in their effort to protect lives and the environment.
- Damage to pipelines from excavation equipment is the largest single cause of pipeline accidents. If you have a project that requires digging. Please “Call Before You Dig”.
- Call 811 or your local One Call Center in your state, before you dig!
Click here to view or download the brochures: